Where's Axl?

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Why Do You Look at Me if You Hate Me?
It's been a week since Axl filed suit against former Gn'R bandmates Slash, Duff, and Matt [apparently Gilby doesn't count?], in which he accused them of making “negative and malicious statements about [him in the press] in order to garner publicity" as part of "a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, [and] rewrite history through false statements."

And according to that pinnacle of journalism, MTV, gunner Axl also said that Slash had told him, "'Duff was spineless,' 'Weiland was a fraud,' and that he 'hates Matt Sorum.'" [I think it's a pretty safe bet that Carson Daly yelled 'Snap!' at that 'spineless' comment].

And this, just weeks after Slash nearly wet himself on British radio about how he couldn't wait for Axl and the new Guns N' Roses to finally release Chinese Democracy - this year.

According to the statement written by Axl and his lawyer Howard Weitzman [I think we'll be seeing that name a lot], they claim that Slash and Duff continue to offer "ever changing and false stories" about the group's roots and that the Velvet Revolver members want to commercially exploit Gn'R hits - including "Welcome to the Jungle," "Paradise City," and "Sweet Child O' Mine" - "as if it were fast food by anyone willing to pay for it."

I don't know about you, but I know that if I saw a fast food commercial featuring "Welcome to the Jungle," I'd eat it.

But only pussies take this lying down, and Weiland is no pussy [caveat: Scott Weiland and I have been connected ever since that 2000 STP show when my friend Loaf and I shoved our way to the front row of the pit in time to sing "Sex Type Thing" into his mic and groped his chest].

In retaliation, Weiland has posted a letter on Velvet Revolver's website, which allegedly [my work internet blocks
www.velvetrevolver.com, go figure] reads:

“Get in the ring. Go to the gym motherfucker, or if you prefer, get a new wig motherfucker. I think I’ll resist the urge to stoop to your level. Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox faced, wig wearin fuck!

O.K. I feel better now.

Don’t think for a second we don’t know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who’s the fraud now bitch?

Damn, I couldn’t imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out man and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called band to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player spineless? We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that’s right - you bailed out on your long awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling shall we say a trifle miffed?!

I won’t even list what I’ve accomplished because I don’t need to. What we’re talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was.

Yours truly Scott Weiland”

Sounds like Weiland has his next number one penned and ready.

[get the dirt:
http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=14569
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/eo/20060307/114178680000.html
http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/03/13/scott_weiland_unleashes_on_axl_rose]
[photo courtesy of: http://www.lt24online.com.ar/2004news/01/27b.html]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home